Result of the call for proposals
Last 18 March 2020, the Director-General, Edurne Ormazabal, approved the regulations for awarding grants, and through the 2deo Basque language audiovisual content laboratory, Tabakalera, the International Centre for Contemporary Culture, has ruled on the 2deo 2020 call for proposals with the selection of 8 projects from among almost a hundred submitted to the call to promote the development and prototyping of projects based on audiovisual content.
Between July and November, the 2deo laboratory will organise training sessions for the pre-production of the audiovisual projects and will offer professional guidance on topics related to narrating content, work processes, fulfilling projects and intellectual property. Each one of those chosen will also receive a financial grant of 4,000 euros.
These are the projects chosen that will work on the pre-production phase at the 2deo laboratory:
- Patrimonio Virtual S.L. (Arkikus): Parallel V R Dantza, a parallel virtual reality app (PVR).
- Euskal Wikilarien Elkartea: Ikusgela, a web platform with educational content in Basque.
- Kim Maiteny Munoa: Uroboros TV series.
- Jone Arriola: Females, web series.
- Mirokutana Koop Elk. Txikia: Zapata Berriak, TV series.
- La Traka Producciones: Elizalde Zinema, web series.
- Carolina Cruz: Zuzenean, web series.
- Pello Reparaz: Fatum, interactive video clip.
Each candidate will have a mentoring programme to develop their project and will submit a report. All the submitted reports will be studied in November and a maximum of three projects will be chosen to move into the next phase, prototyping, which will take place from January to May 2021. Those chosen will receive a financial grant of 50,000 euros, to be shared. The public presentation of the prototype resulting from the process will take place during a public event that will be organised in the 2deo audiovisual laboratory in May of 2021.